URDT's implementation strategies
URDT believes that education, training, demonstration, consciousness raising and information sharing, are effective strategies for economic growth, social, cultural and political development. URDT's programme supplements the efforts of the Ugandan Government through: i) education and training; ii) community mediand iii) advocacy and promoting community collaboration.
URDT's rural transformation programme is implemented by series of interrelated institutions that all work together in fulfillment of its mission:
- URDT girls' primary & secondary boarding school (URDTGS)
- URDT community schools - Tijhaar and Kanya
- Institute for Business management vocational and medistudies (IVBMS)
- URDT Community Radio (KKCR),
- African Rural University for Women (ARU)
- Community Driven Epicentres where the graduates of ARU are deployed
For details we refer to other publications and the URDT website: www.urdt.net.