WHAT IS THE 2- GENERATION APPROACH TO EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT ?
The school's 2-generation approach enhances i) academic success through formal education as well as ii) personal, home and community development through workshops and functional adult literacy training. The students transfer their newly gained skills through workshops, back-home projects; popular theatre and radio programmes to their homes and communities.
The operations of the school are grounded in the belief that:
- like all people in the world people, students and their home members are key to their own development
2. people have innate power and wisdom which they can tap to transform the quality of their life and that of their communities
3. the transformational /visionary leadership style is an effective approach to home transformation
4. people with a common vision can transcend traditional barriers and prejudice caused by tribal, religious, political and gender differences and work together to achieve that which is truly important to them all.
5. Lasting change comes only as people shift from reacting or adapting to circumstances to being the creators of their desired future.